ROLLRING TRAVERSE UNITS(LINEAR DRIVES)
ROLLRING TRAVERSE UNIT CONCEPT
ROLLRING TRAVERSE UNITS are positive drives, which convert the constant speed rotation of the shaft into variable speed, variable stroke,reciprocating motion without changing the direction of shaft rotation.This is a unique method of converting rotary motion into linear reciprocating motion on the principle that contact pressure created between a correctly dimensioned ring and shaft assembly enables significant forces to be transmitted.The rate of advance of the unit on the shaft is directly related to the angle of the contact between the ring and the shaft. The traverse direction reverses instantaneously and automatically.
Traverse Unit with 3 Bearing Traverse Unit with Four Bearing
- HT 1 (Shaft 10 mm.) 4RR 15 ( Shaft15 mm.)
- HT 2 (Shaft 15 mm.) 4RR 20 (Shaft 20 mm.)
- HT 3 (Shaft 20 mm.) 4RR 30 (Shaft 30 mm.)
- HT 3N (Shaft 30 mm.) 4RR 40 (Shaft 40 mm.)
- HT 4 (Shaft 40 mm.) 4RR 50 (Shaft 50 mm.)
- HT 5 (Shaft 50 mm.) 4RR 60 (Shaft 60 mm.)
- HT 6 (Shaft 60 mm.) 4RR 80 (Shaft 80 mm.)
- HT 8 (Shaft 80 mm.)
- WINDING TRAVERSE UNITS are used for winding hair thin fiber optic wires to heavy gauge cables.Steel /Plastic wire ropes, Rubber/Plastic Hoses and Pipes,Chain, Rectangular strips, flats,filaments,ribbon,tapes,foils and for winding any material of any shape and size.
- Textile Industries
- Plastic Industries
- Transformer Manufacturing Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Rubber Industry
- Glass and mirror Industry
- Positioning drives
- Paper/Cardboard Industry
- Surface Treatment
- Linear Drives
- Material Handling and Packaging
- Measuring and Testing
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
Rollring Traverse Units are positive drives which converts constant speed rotation of a shaft to variable speed and variable stroke reciprocating motionwith automatic and instantane-ous reversal without changing direction of shat rotation. The Rollring drive performs similar to a lead screw but has the added advantage of an infinitely variable pitch and stroke length without any electrical drives and controls.
This is a unique method for converting rotary motion into linear reciprocating motion on the principle that contact pressure created between a correctly dimensioned rolling rings and shaft enables significant forces to be transmitted. The linear speed is directly related to the angle of contact between the rolling rings and shaft.
The Reversal is automatic and instantaneous without any electrical control sys-tems.Linear speed is infinitelyvariable withspeed setting dial. Stroke length is infinitely ad-justable.